Platja d'Aro

Platja d’Aro lies within the boundaries of Castell – Platja d’Aro. Since the summer, Castell-Platja d'Aro receive visitors at Family Holiday Destination.

Cultural Sights

MUSEU DALI FIGUERAS

MUSEU DALI FIGUERAS

The Dalí Theatre-Museum, the largest surrealistic object in the world, occupies the building of the former Municipal Theatre, a 19th century construction which was destroyed at the end of the Spanish Civil War. On its ruins, Dalí decided to create his museum.


WITCHES AND BANDITS Forests

WITCHES AND BANDITS Forests

Interesting way to know the phenomena of witchcraft and banditry in the context of the Baroque era in a specific space, forests of Montseny, Guilleries and Lluçanès.
It consists of rural routes for hiking and biking and the five populations related events are held the same topics as:
-Witches Fair in Sant Feliu Sasserra
-Bandit Summer and witches dancing in Viladrau
-The Bewitched and retourn of Serrallonga!in Sant Hilari Sacalm
-Rocaguinarda Fair in Olost
-Witches and bandits Fair in Arbúcies.
Monastery of Sant Feliu de Guíxols

Monastery of Sant Feliu de Guíxols

The Monastery. It was founded as a Benedictine monastery and dedicated to the martyr Saint Phillip the African. It is the town’s most important architectural complex and its most distinctive sight. Documents relating to it have been dated back to the first half of the 10th century. This walled complex had thirteen towers and five gateways, of which only two towers and one gateway remain today. The walls went all the way to the Rambla Vidal and enclosed the Placeta Sant Joan, the Passeig and the monastery itself. In 1696 the walled enclosure was destroyed by the French, so almost nothing remains of it today. The baroque monastery dates from the 18th century and is only a small part of the thousand-year-old fortified complex, which displays a mix of architectural styles, from the Pre-Romanic to the baroque. It is therefore difficult to know with any certain what each part was used for. Today, the monastery is home to the museum of local history. The 9th/10th century Porta Ferrada (iron gate) is the only architectural piece that remains of one side of the monastery and is made up of three iron arches supported by four cylindrical columns approximately one metre tall. The Sant Benet Arch (1747) is the door that is situated in front of the monastery and it was acted as the entrance into the Benedictine monastery. The Fum towers (10th-11th centuries) and the Corn tower (11th century) are located to the side of the church façade; the Fum tower is semi-circular and it is from here that smoke signals were given when the watchman saw an enemy arriving by sea and wanted to warn the village. The Corn tower is rectangular, and this is where the horn was played, also to warn villagers of enemy presence. In the 9th-14th centuries, the monks built the monastery church on top of older constructions. The first phase is in the Romanic style (9th-14th centuries). This is made up of the façade and the first section of the nave. The figure of Christ, although originally from Navarre, is also Romanic. Over the 14th and 15th centuries, the church was extended, and this is the gothic part, which includes the rest of the nave, the transept and three apses with ogival arched windows, vaults and decorated brackets. The church is dedicated both to Sant Feliu and to Our Lady of the Angels.
The Doll Museum

The Doll Museum

Located in the old Castell d'Aro, in the offices of the City Council as part of a set
declared a "National Good of Cultural Interest" by the Government of Catalonia in 1995.
Castle Benedormiens

Castle Benedormiens

Benedormiens Castle, home of the town of Castell d'Aro, is documented for the first time the year 1041, when the religious authorities, the nobles and gentlemen of the territory, delivered to the Monastery of Sant Feliu de Guixols custody of the castle with the obligation to protect from attacks by Muslims throughout the Vall d'Aro.
Vila Romana Pla de Palol (front hotel Xaloc)

Vila Romana Pla de Palol (front hotel Xaloc)

These ruins show us the secrets and mysteries of Roman culture. The discovery of this ancient world immerses visitors in the roots of the history of these lands. By all accounts, the town initiated activity in the environment of the first century BC
and continues until the end of the Roman, in the sixth century AD would have occupied an area of ​​10,000 m2, a large part of which correspond to patios and spaces built.
The villa exploited the natural resources of land, both agriculture and the cultivation of the vine, and the extraction of clay for making pottery. The products obtained are exported by sea through the natural harbor which was Cala Rovira.
Es Tint

Es Tint

Anciently, every coastal town had a building-usually of a guild, which was used to dye fishing nets. Currently there are very few: in the Costa Brava have been recovered only two: the building of "Sa Perola" in Calella de Palafrugell and "Es Tint" in Lloret de Mar.