Commitment to Sustainability
GHT Balmes, sustainable hotel certified with "Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle"
Our commitment to moving towards a model of sustainable tourism based on social and ecological responsibility has led us to obtain the commitment to sustainability "Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle".
Our goal is to meet the current needs of our customers without adversely affecting future generations, seeking a balance between economic growth, preserving the environment and providing social welfare.
For this reason, like other tourism companies in the province of Barcelona, we have adhered to the commitment to the sustainability of the BIOSPHERE destination since 2020.
If you stay in our establishment, you will see that we have been adapting facilities such as:
- the installation of LED lights in most of the hotel (facade, gardens, corridors, rooms, lounges, etc).
- We select the waste with specific containers located in each service area and also in the garden, so that each person on our team and each client can separate plastic, glass, cardboard and organic matter.
- we try to offer products in bulk instead of individual packaging, in order to reduce individual plastic wrap by 4%.
- our new SPLASH pool works by saline electrolysis of the water with which we have eliminated the use of chlorine in it.
- We have started the installation of automatic drip irrigation in the garden plants with a system with an efficient drip programmer.
And we continue working to move forward on this path of no return.
BIOSPHERE certification is the result of annually complying with a collection of criteria that evaluate our commitment to sustainability.