Corporate Social Responsibility
In 2020, specific training has been carried out for both hotel and central office staff on food waste and the actions that can be taken to minimize and prevent it. One of the objectives of the next season is to reduce this type of waste as much as possible, carrying out proper planning and looking for the best way out of the waste generated.From GHT HOTELS we are pleased to action to help those in need.
This document aims to collect all the actions that GHT Hotels has been doing during the last years and actions that now does.
Employees, essential part of GHT Hotels
• In GHT we consider our employees as an essential part of the business.
• Due to this reason, we spend some working hours to their training.
• We have implemented a recognition program that rewards all employees who provide an excellent service.
• Our success depends on them and we want them to participate in our achievements.
In GHT Hotels we believe in continuous improvement, which is why all our hotels are certified in ISO 9001: 2015 and every year we get the challenge of increasing the activities we participate in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Also add that one of our hotels, the Balmes Hotel, Apartments & SPLASH, already has the BIOSPHERE commitment certification, which recognizes it as a hotel that works for the SUSTAINABILITY of the Environment and Social and Cultural ways.
Clients: GHT Club and opinions
• GHT CLUB: Allows customers to earn points to be changed for discounts later in future bookings in addition to an exclusive discount for club members.
• Emphasis is placed on the follow up of internet opinions and reviews given by our clients. We track scores from a different websites, made by customers on different portals or websites, and especially of the responses to the GHT hotels survey sent by email to all guests staying.
• We run a monthly raffle of stays among customers who answer the GHT hotels own satisfaction survey.
GHT Hotels is committed to the society and with the most disadvantaged groups. Associations with which it collaborates:
- Fundació Vicenç Ferrer
- Amics i voluntaris de l’Hospital de Calella
- Menjadors socials Parròquia Poble Nou
- 1er Festival solidari de Pallassos voluntaris d’hospital. Calella
- MARATO TV3 a través de “Calella x La Marató “
- STREETS OF INDIA
GHT is committed to the environment and tries to share its concerns to all the takeholders.
One of the group's hotel, the GHT Balmes Hotel, Apartments & SPLASH, is working hard and with conviction to maintain the BIOSPHERE SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE certification it achieved in 2020 and renewed year after year.
Being consistent with what we think, we established basic practices for responsible energy consumption:
CONSCIOUS WATER CONSUMPTION:
To help preserve one of the most precious treasures that nature offers us, apart from installing elements and methods that help save water consumption such as flow reducers in the taps, we also inform our customers of actions they can take to help us in this milestone:
-Do not leave the tap open
-Better a shower than a bathtub
-Do not use the toilet as a wastebasket
-Conscious change of towels following the instructions found in the room
We encourage our customers and employees to make a responsible use of energy, which we also tried to do through:
- Taps with flow restrictor in some hotels
- Awareness campaign for the customers, by which we propose them to help us to safe energy and to be environmentally friendly
- Informative posters asking our clients whether they want change of towels
- Level indicator of AC temperature at some hotels
- Use of energy saving light bulbs in public areas of the hotels where it is necessary.
- Waste separation in headquarters and hotels.
- Selective collection of waste in some hotels.
- Recycling used cooking oil through a company that specializes in the collection and subsequent treatment..
In 2011, solar panels for the heating of domestic hot water and the heated indoor swimming pool began to be installed in some hotels.
We use electrolysis of salt instead of chlorine in some of the pools of our hotels. This product is environmentally friendly and less aggressive to the skin.
FOOD WASTE MANAGEMENT:
In 2020, specific training has been carried out for both hotel and central office staff on food waste and the actions that can be taken to minimize and prevent it. One of the objectives of the next season is to reduce this type of waste as much as possible, carrying out proper planning and looking for the best way out of the waste generated.
Customers will be informed of this new goal through information signs in hotels, also requesting their collaboration.